BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 10, 2008

God and Poems

Last night I sat down to read my bible and I decided to read 1st John since that is what Ron talked about at Deeper last week. 1st John is only like 5 pages, but those 5 pages should not go unnoticed. I only read chapers 1 and 2 because I wanted to study what it said and not just blow through it because it was so short. But those two chapters had 4 or 5 verses that really stuck out to me and i studied those verses and even though they were verses that I have heard before and I know what they mean, they're things that I need to work on and things that are very important.

Today I woke up and realized how amazingly comfortable my bed is. So I sat there, for a really long time and I decided to write some poems. So I thought I would put them on here today, from my poetry journal.


1.

The Sheer curtains can barely keep out the light and cold.
They try their best to keep hidden from us, what is playing behind them.
But a mere glimps around a corner reveals what is to be unseen.
The cold has pressed it's self against the window with such force, little can be done to hold it back.
The window that shows me my surroundings is covered.
A thin layer of ice and frost has covered my view of the world.
Everything is hidden, or has a shinny tint to it.
What is clear to my eyes is the snow that covers the ground.
A thick, cold blanket that covers the earth so that we cannot see what is under it.
Even without the power of the sun, the snow shines like a light guiding those lost, home.
What is most clear to my eyes are the dark branches reaching out in every direction.
They're dark, but have the light dusting of snow on them to blend them with everything else around them.
Without leaves they look so cold and drained, but from my window today, they look inviting.
Inviting me back to a time when the earth was free from its blanket.
A time where my world is filled with every color instead of one.
But my frosted window brings me back to my view.
The cold view with the eyes, but warm for my ears.
The wind howls softly, the heat keeps me warm an the piano keeping me calm.

2. Can fiction ever become reality?
A place where everything is magical, memorable and dare say perfect.
A place where the sun shines on glorious momnets, and a place where rain falls in defeat.
The answer to the problem is right around the corner and seen by all.
A place where your heart starts to race, and butterflies soar inside you.
A place where the heart had the ability to stand back up and times goes by in the blink of an eye.
A place that cannot be found unless you already know where it is.
A dream that cannot be achieved, a book with no last page, a letter with no signature.
A place where where a song is played and has the exact emotion that you have.
Fiction, where the mind can play and live how it wants.
Fiction, what I wan as a reality.

1 comments:

Brian said...

em, this is amazing.

i laughed when you made your transition from being deep in your study to your bed being uncomfortable. that made me laugh.
i hate poetry. ill just say that now. but yours was more of just feelings expressed with words in a way that was understandable. i liked that.