BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Trying something new


I doubt that anyone will actually read this since no one knows I have this. However I really like to write my thoughts and happenings, so why not do it here since I used to have a blog on here. About 5 years ago. So lets get started with today.


Today and yesterday made for great memories. My friend Mary and I pretty much spent the weekend together. We went to the school event, Skating for Tukes, and golly gee whizz it was really fun. I took skating lessons several years ago but I am comfortable on the ice and really enjoy it, and it was really fun to go with Mary who hasn't done as much skating. She was so impressive, everytime she was about to fall she caught herself and had such grace. There were a lot of people there obviously that we knew from school, and we just had so much fun! Then after our skating adventure we had a classic "spend the night." I haven't had a spend the night since christmas break, and for girls it is so much fun, because we just talk and talk and eat chocolate and talk and watch movies, it really is great. So that is exactly what we did, and I am a person who gets really loopy at night and get bonkers so Mary got to witness it, and I personally think that is when I am the most fun to be around because there is nothing holding me back. We woke up with enough time to eat breakfast at 1 and spent some more time together before she made the long walk back to her dorm. Until a few hours later she gave me a call.


Mary got invited by our P.A. to play some broomball and she asked me to come with her. I really thought about saying no because I had a friend coming over at 8 and we were going to play at 7. However I thought about how I really want to be different and try new things and not be afraid of the unknown. So I bundled up and went to play. I am not a very competitive person when it comes to really physical games because I get very intimidated and back down. However Mary takes it by the horns and runs. She was so impressive, we played with a few other girls and some guys and she was as good if not better than the guys. The only thing that bugs me is that when you play with guys they're always very considerate of girls but they always yell at you and tell you what to do and make you feel dumb and like they don't want you on their team. Oh well poo on them because I enjoyed myself.


After that adventure I came back to my room and my friend Alex came over and we watched the best movie in the world. The Adventures of Milo and Otis I haven't watched this movie in years, and man was it worth it. Alex was the perfect person to watch it with because we both share a love for baby animals, and we played with playdough and played some wii and had a good time. It's nice to just hang out with a guy and have no pressures and be yourself because they're a good friend. So a thanks goes out to Alex.


Lastly, I have this little issue. I really do not like Valentines day. I haven't had a good one, therefore I hate it and I really don't think anything is going to change with it soon. When I think of valentine's day, it reminds me of rough past relationships, and its another day to rub it in my face that I am not in a relationship. Ahhh what an enjoyable thing. So as I sit here and listen to my Frank Sinatra I have one thing to ask of valentines day this year. That something good happens, nothing out of this world, I am not asking for a huge romantic deal since it's not going to happen. But something small, and I know my parents are going to send me stuff as they always do and I thank them for that since they love me. But all I want is a Daisy. That's all. My favorite flower, just one.

2 comments:

Brian said...

welcome to the blog world, my friend.

i called you, too, to come play broomball, but you didnt answer.

and i hate valentine's day, too.

and i will most likely be the only one reading your blogs. its what i do.

Anonymous said...

i will probably read your blogs too emmaleigh. because, i like reading things my friends post. valentines day does suck, i dont know why it was created.