BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Miami is for adventurous foods


Miami is so full of culture other than American. In fact it is quite the challenge to find something "american" down here because of the majority of the people that live here. I work with people who are all from different countries, Cuba, Argentina, France, Panama, Germany, Venezuela, Peru and so on. So when I am at work I hear a lot of spanish and have the opportunity to get a little taste of their world. I was quickly introduced to Cuban coffee which someone in the office goes and buys everyday at 3 pm without fail. And I thought that it would just taste like a rich coffee so the way you drink it is like taking a shot of it, so I did and it burned down my throat and in my nose! But it is so addicting and literally wakes you up like 5 minutes. Today I had a Lychee which is a fruit that is originally from Asia and grows down here because of the tropical climate and it looks gross but it was so tasty! My supervisor Rose, who makes me try all these things said that she wants me to experience all of Miami while I am here. Rose is originally from Germany but has lived here for several years and knows how Miami works! Rose taught me the proper way to eat the Lychee and explained to me that usually they're about $8/lb! woo its crazy but they're so unique and good! (pictured above) It is so fun to try all these new foods, while being in good ol' America.

0 comments: